If you’re a beginner to daily exercises, you need to take care of a few things when you exercise. There are many health benefits of jogging or running daily but only if it is done correctly.
Difference between running and jogging
Both running and jogging are aerobic exercises. The term aerobic refers to any physical exercise that makes the body produce its energy using oxygen to burn calories.
- You should ask a doctor whether physical exertion would be good for you especially if your age exceeds 40 years. Tell him about your daily regimen and ask him to point out anything he’d like you to change.
- Start slow; don’t over burden your body with an extreme exercise regimen all of a sudden. Start with brisk walking for at least six weeks and then start increase your pace.
- Initially, you should alternate between walking and jogging. Don’t run continuously for an hour.
- Make sure that you’ve stretched your limbs and warmed up well to prevent cramps and muscle pain.
- Relax your muscles with light exercises as soon as you return. And wait for twenty minutes before drinking any fluids.
- As a beginner, you should give yourself a few days off in a week too. You shouldn’t subject you body to over exertion if it’s not in the habit of doing so yet.
- Wear loose clothes and preferably, clothes made out of cotton. These allow you to perspire and feel cool while you run. Non-airy clothes will result in you feeling suffocated and in extreme cases, you might even faint.
- Always apply sunscreen.
- Drink water before you head out.